Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

As I'm sure is the same for many of you, we spent this past weekend with family and it was absolutely great! It was eventful for Baby Keagan, but relaxing for our family at the same time. On Saturday evening, Keagan and I went to the high school graduation ceremony. One of the girls I have coached in volleyball for the past three years, Hannah, asked me to hand her her diploma at graduation. This was a huge honor and I am so glad that I have had a positive impact on her. It was also nice that Keagan got to go to graduation - something he may have never experienced otherwise! I made it through the ceremony without going into labor obviously and without even having to go to the bathroom! Pretty amazing :) This will always be a great memory that I share with Hannah and also with Keagan.
Hannah, Keagan and I - what a special night!

I wasn't sure if I would be able to get a picture of me in the robe when we got home, so I had to find a way to get Keagan and myself in a picture together on my own :)
Emily is another one of our other volleyball seniors. So proud of all six girls who graduated on Saturday!

Post Graduation pictures of Mommy and Keagan by his tree
 
After graduation, I headed up to the lake to stay with Gramma and Papaw. Roy came the next morning as did Aunt Jessica, Uncle Travis and Carson. Hanging out with our family was exactly what we needed and it was the perfect Memorial Day for us to share with Keagan. He experienced several firsts while at the lake - first boat ride (also a first for Carson!), first slow dance with Mommy and Daddy, first fireworks, and first bonfire (at least first one we have a picture from...)
 
After Carson drove the boat, Gramma thought Keagan should too. I was going to rest my belly on the steering wheel, but this was much easier :)
Carson, such a cutie!!! <3

Mommy, Daddy and Keagan going for a golf cart ride








When we got home from the lake, we had a birthday cookout for Roy whose birthday is tomorrow. It was a perfect way to end the weekend - well, the real end to the weekend was birthday cinnamon rolls so it definitely was a perfect end! :)

Notice Keagan's butterfly! Gramma and Papaw got this for us while we were in Hilton Head. I absolutely love it!

 So many great memories were made this weekend and again we loved having this time with some of our family members, but most importantly we were glad to share it with Keagan. This weekend was probably some of Keagan's last firsts that we are guaranteed. Roy made a DVD of several of our pictures and many special songs that we have listened to throughout our pregnancy. Gramma, Papaw, Roy and I watched it Saturday morning when we got to the lake. After seeing everything on the DVD, we talked about how Keagan really has done a lot in his nine month life. He has gone a lot of places, experienced a lot of things, and as we have said before, touched a lot of lives. There is no way for us to capture the last in pictures but I think that is the most amazing part of his life. Imagining what he could do in his life if he were to live longer than expected is an incredible thing for me to think about; I just pray it becomes more than a thought, that instead it becomes a reality!

2 comments:

  1. Sending lots of love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for your family each and every day. You're an amazing mom and I love the perspective you have taken on this journey and that you are documenting all these special moments. You are living life with your baby boy and it is so beautiful to watch! Thank you for sharing your story and keeping us updated! We all love Baby Keagan. Love from Shelburne, Vermont

    ReplyDelete