Saturday, February 16, 2013

Keagan's First...

Concert!

My mom, sister and I took the boys to the African Children's Concert on Friday. I know...probably not quite the kind of concert you were thinking but it was perfect for us!

All five of us went to dinner and then headed to a local church to see this group perform. What an awesome experience! The music was wonderful and the kids were adorable, but what was even more memorable was that Keagan and my nephew got to share this first together. When Aunt Jess pointed out that Carson had never been to a concert before either it really warmed my heart and I was glad to know this concert is something the boys will share forever. This may seem little, but we grasp on to seemingly little things as they bring us so much joy!

Both of the boys absolutely loved the music! Keagan started kicking as soon as they started singing and drumming, and Carson would get the biggest grin and giggle when the drumming would start and when the kids would start dancing. (We seemed to be watching Carson more than the kids on stage because he was so precious, as always!) Aunt Jess got to feel Keagan kick for the first time and Gramma got to feel him again. I love getting to feel him and love seeing the reactions of the ones who are close to me when they get to share in this moment.

This concert was definitely a very fun and memorable night for our family!

(1) Some of Keagan's biggest fans! (2) Carson "telling" Keagan it is his first too!

(1) Cousin moment :) (2) All five of us before the concert started


(1) Picture of the boys (2) Carson looking on in pure amazement!


 
The awesome choir! They sang beautifully, had such pure hearts and a strong message!

Keagan also had his first time spending time with two of my best friends this weekend! Lindsy came into town so she, Brianna, Keagan and I went out to dinner today, which Lindsy so thoughtfully paid for. She said she wanted to pay for Keagan's first meal at Olive Garden :) These girls are two of my roommates from college, two of my bridesmaids, and as I said, truly are two of my best friends. They have some of the kindest and loving hearts and genuinely care about everyone. It was so nice to catch up and also just be able to talk about Keagan with people who love us both (and Roy) so deeply! I am so thankful for them and the role they have played in my life and now in Keagan's! We love you Linds and Bri!!



No comments:

Post a Comment