Sunday, February 17, 2013

Love one another

The title of this post is a command that comes from God, and sometimes it may be difficult to really love one another. We are to love our family, our friends and even our enemies. We are also to be patient and gentle with one another (Ephesians 4:2), be kind to one another (Ephesian 4:32), pray for one another (James 5:16) and show compassion to one another (Colossians 3:12). Once again, we have been amazed at how people have loved us - family, friends, acquaintances, and even strangers - through all of the acts above. I believe God has much joy in our situation right now. While I believe He does not like to see us hurt, I know He loves us and I know He has placed people in our lives to show us His love and is proud of His children for doing that so wonderfully. We are so incredibly thankful for you just being with us on this journey!

We received some amazing gifts over the past few weeks. These are aside from all of the hugs, comments and prayers we have received which too are so meaningful and helpful.

 
These beautiful necklaces were gifts from our friend, Peggy. We have recently started going back to the church in which I grew up and we have been surrounded by some wonderful people, including Peggy. This morning at church she gave me a gift bag and said "This is for you and your mom." I opened them as we left and saw these lockets. Gramma was instantly brought to tears as I was just amazed with their beauty and Peggy's thoughtfulness. She had mom's engraved with "Keagan's Gramma" and mine says "Keagan" on the front and "Peanut" on the back :) I still can not get over these necklaces and Peggy's love towards us. Thank you so much Peggy! We will wear them proudly!
 
 
This angel figurine was a gift from our friend and Roy's co-worker, Ashley. The perfection and beauty of this angel, even though it is a girl, reminds me of Keagan. In God's eyes and in our's, he has been made just the way he was supposed to be and was done so in God's image - there is nothing more perfect or beautiful than that! At the same time, it reminds me of my mother-in-law who is constantly watching over us from Heaven and caring for all three of us (and many more) as this angel appears to be caring for the bunny. Thank you Ashley! It has been added to the collection :)
 

This is a beautiful hand-made prayer shawl from my cousin, Carrie. I am honored that she made this for me and have so much peace and joy knowing how much love went into it, but also that the women in her church prayed over the shawl and prayed for us before sending it my way. Carrie told me she wanted me to feel wrapped in God's love as I used this shawl, and I truly do. I love wrapping it around me and just sitting in the quiet or just having it beside me as a reminder of both God's love and the prayer warriors we have. Thank you so much Carrie!


I am in love with these little hats made by Alisha with Livie Bean Designs. I met Alisha through a craft show that we were both a part of and absolutely love the items she makes. I was having trouble finding hats for Keagan so I called Alisha and she lovingly agreed to making some specially sized hats for our little guy. I picked out a few that I liked (I have special plans for the aviator hat!) and she got them to me so quickly. She sent me the sweetest message and told me she would like to do this as a gift for Keagan. This still brings me to tears. I have met Alisha only one time, but she went out of her way to make and deliver these incredibly crafted and incredibly meaningful hats. What an amazing person and amazing gift! Thank you Alisha!


This adorable Willow Tree figurine was given to us by Roy's second-momma, Sharon. The relationship Roy and Sharon have is amazing. He loves just going down to her house to hang out, and she is always there for us when we need her. She gave this figurine to Keagan as his 23rd week birthday in mommy's belly gift. The balloon the boy is holding says "Birthday Boy." It will constantly be on display, but will always have so much more meaning as we celebrate his birthday for years to come. Thank you for this gift and for so much that can't even be put into words Sharon! We love you!

 
 
This gift is from one of my co-workers, Tara. I went to class with my students one day and was surprised to see a gift bag on my desk when I returned. This adorable mug was inside. Tara and I have more in common than we knew and have found a strong connection through this journey. I am thankful for her and that I know I can always go to her for a sympathetic ear. She had written in the card that she remembered my picture with the sign that had the "Keep calm and carry on" saying on it, so when she saw this she wanted to get it for me. I gladly walk around with my mug and show my pride that I am carrying such a special baby! Thank you Tara!
 
 
We continue to receive beautiful cards with such thoughtful words in them. Thank you to these indivdiuals for taking the time to send us cards! As I have said, they will be saved and looked at many times.
 

A gift from us :) I saw this Willow Tree figurine when we were out yesterday and fell in love with it. Roy did not hesitate to purchase it as we thought the fact the baby was wearing a hat was perfect.



Once again, thank you for loving us! We hope you know how much each of you mentioned above and each of you reading mean to us. Whether we know you personally or not, whether you live near us or on the other side of the world, whether you came here on purpose and found our story by "mistake," you are part of our's and Keagan's lives and we love you for that!

3 comments:

  1. Carrie and family,

    Although we do not know each other I want you to know I pray for you each day.

    3 years ago my son Luke went to heaven due to placental abruption.

    I was just sitting near his urn the other day thinking of my pregnancy with his sister which happened 2 years ago. God has given me great peace. The same week my daughter went to Heaven we learned my grandmother had terminal cancer and she joined my babies 6 weeks later. I was given a beatiful purple prayer shawl by my church's prayer shawl ministry. It's been a blessing.


    I was also given the wonderful book "The one year book of Hope" by Nancy Guthrie by a friend who lost her daughter to cancer at 10 months old. Nancy and her husband had two children born with a life threatening genetic disorder and passed away by the time they were six months old.

    By this point I'd read other greiving mom books but they didn't really help me like this one has.

    I've used it not only to reach out to other grieving mommies but a friend of mine who had a rare form of cancer in her hand and had her fingers amputated as well as part of her palm. She has 4 sweet girls 6,5, 3 and 5 months old

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisabeth,
    Thank you so much for your comment and for your prayers. I am sorry for the losses you have experienced, but at the same time so glad you have found peace. We have peace even now, knowing the expected outcome of our situation. It is truly amazing how God works in our lives.
    Oh prayer shawls...what beautiful things that can do so much for us :)I plan on reading the book by Nancy Guthrie as several people have recommeneded it to me, and I will likely be wrapped in my prayer shawl most nights when reading it!
    Thank you again for your words and prayers, and for following us on our journey. It means more than you know!!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny,
    We may be strangers but your story has touched me deeply. It saddens me to hear of your loss but know that every day you are surrounded by the ones you hold dear. Many people are paying for you and love you like their own family. You will always have Keagan as your beautiful guardian angel. May God be with you and your family ♥ Love and Prayers

    ReplyDelete