Thursday, January 17, 2013

20 Weeks in Mommy's Belly Party

One thing that has been difficult for me to cope with since learning of Keagan's birth defect is the thought that we will never be able to have a birthday party for our son. Roy and I agreed though that we will celebrate our son's birth every year; but my husband, being the amazing man that he is, wanted us to have more.

Yesterday marked 20 weeks in our pregnancy. In the middle of the day, Roy told me that he had planned a surprise for me. I had no clue what he had in store, but I kept waiting throughout the day for him to tell me, because anyone who knows Roy knows he can't keep secrets. I even asked him tonight, "You're really not going to tell me what it is?!" I'm proud of him for keeping this one to himself because it made it so special!
 
We had a volleyball game tonight and planned to go to my parents' house afterwards. When I got there, he and I just sat in the living room and he tried to convince me there was no surprise afterall - that really he just wanted to hang out and watch Vampire Diaries (knowing this is one of the shows I generally refuse to watch). But then my mom came out and asked me to help with something in the sunroom. I was shocked when I saw the sunroom simply, but beautifully decorated and heard Roy say "It's Keagan's 20 week birthday party!" Come to find out, Roy had decided at his lunch today that he was going to plan a surprise party for baby Keagan. (It's amazing what he can do in such a short period of time, with the help of my mom, Gramma!) He told me he wished other people could have been there and I definitely did too, but I really appreciate his efforts and enjoyed every bit of what he planned.






Between Daddy and Gramma, there were balloons, cucpakes and jelly beans, gifts, a beautiful wall banner and amazing memories made. Roy told me about the different flavors of cupcakes (obviously very important to this lady!) from my favorite cupcake shop and then handed me a book he had purchased. I don't think he knew this but the book was from a "series" that my mom and I had gotten for my sister and nephew at her baby shower, which made it even more special. The book, "That's Not My Baby", is so cute and the last page reads "That's my baby! It's you!" There is a mirror but Roy put a picture from our ultrasound in its place. It was absolutely perfect and brought me to tears. No baby compares to our baby - he is so special and we love him so much - and this book got that message across perfectly!
 


I opened the gift from my parents, which was a CD set of bible songs for me to sing to Keagan. This was a perfect gift, and Keagan and I have already enjoyed listening to a few of the songs! We then took some very fun pictures, some classic Halterman pictures (birthday boy with his birthday treat) and enoyed the delicious cupcakes! It was an awesome night and I am so happy to have created this memory with our baby boy. A huge thank you to Roy for planning it and to mom for adding her special little touches!
 



2 comments:

  1. Jenny and Roy,

    You both amaze me. God is working through you and baby Keagan and you do not even know it. Your faith is radiant. What a blessing, that God chose you to be Keagan's parents. Sorry if too direct (I blame my deaf culture), but I had the thought while reading your precious blog how comforting it is to know that Keagan will be looked after and cared for here on earth by you and your extended families, but in Heaven as well with Roy's mom. She will help to keep watch, I am certain, until you meet again. I love, also, the heart beat. How breath taking.

    I will be praying. I cannot imagine or begin to understand what you are experiencing. But, I trust that God will see you through, and give you supernatural strength. Much love to you, please let me know if their is anything I can do.


    \m/_ !!!

    ReplyDelete