Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Keagan's First...

OSU Basketball Game!

Really, this post should be titled "Our Family's First..." as Roy and I have never been to an OSU game either. The game we went to was OSU vs. Wisconsin last night and it was the most amazing experience! We had such a great time and were very happy to be able to create this memory as a whole family. Keagan's Gramma and Papaw bought us the tickets to the game, which we are incredibly grateful for. They have been to a few games before and knew how memorable it would be for us to have this time with Keagan, and how fun the game would be in general. My parents are absolutely amazing and are doing everything they can to help us along this journey. We love them so much and know Keagan feels the same way!!!

My Aunt Peggy works at the Schottenstein Center and she did everything she could as well to make this a special night for all three of us, and, once again, it was AMAZING! She works on the floor by the student section and the band. It was so much fun to see her working and interacting with people she has made relationships with just by being there. She is like a celebrity there - everyone knows "Peggy" :) We felt special just because we knew her, but she did so much more to make us feel special. She gave us a few extra perks, a goody bag (there were sour gummy worms, but they didn't quite make it to the picture below!), and eventually got us from the 3rd level where our tickets from mom and dad were to the first row on the floor right beside her!!!

I hope you can tell from reading and how many times I have said amazing and special that this was the perfect night for us and we owe it all to my parents and Aunt Peggy. Towards the end of the game, it was getting loud in the gym and I was standing up and sitting down frequently to cheer. Keagan must have felt the excitement because he started kicking...HARD. That is such an amazing (sorry, not much variety in my word choice tonight...) feeling and I love it everytime. There were times last night where he would kick out of nowhere and it would make me jump because of how hard it was. Even on the car ride home, when I very rarely feel him move, he continued to make his presence known. He must have loved the game as much as Mommy and Daddy did. Once again, thank you to our awesome family members to making this memorable night possible. We love you and baby Keagan, we all love you!

*I haven't quite figured out how to post and format pictures on here, so I apologize for the way these are arranged.










 

2 comments:

  1. Did you eat that cotton candy at the game?? Maybe that's why Keagan was kicking so hard!!! Love you guys, and glad you had such a great time!
    Love, Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did...you can see that my teeth and lips are blue in the picture at the bottom. We're going to say he was kicking because he loved it, not because of the sugar rush :)

    ReplyDelete