Monday, January 28, 2013

Heartbeat Check #3

We had our weekly heartbeat check today (Mom was able to come with me again, due to Roy's work schedule), and once again Keagan's heartbeat was easy to find and measured within the "normal" range. With a heartrate of 158 today, I am at so much peace knowing he is continuing to grow and develop well. As you may have read through our posts, baby Keagan's heartrate has consistently been at the higher end of the 120-160 range. According to the old wive's tale, this would indicate that we are carrying a girl. Well don't you worry...Keagan is ALL boy; his heartrate obviously doesn't indicate his gender, but what it does show is that he is strong and he is a fighter!
An ultrasound picture from our Jan. 3rd appointment
(Sorry for exposing you like this baby!!!)

Goodness...I can't get over how sweet and precious our baby is - we love him so much! We are proud parents and so happy to share his life with so many of you.

When I was younger, I used to love writing poetry. I am currently working on a poem for our baby boy and can not wait to one day share it with all of you. I hope I am able to find the words to express my thoughts and feelings and unconditional love in a perfect way to my perfect boy. Until that day, here is a simple quote from a wise character...Winnie the Pooh, of course!

How true this is, especially with our little guy. Measuring the size of a banana this week, sweet baby Keagan has filled our hearts beyond our imagination.

 

*Next week we have our fluid check as opposed to a weekly heartbeat check. We will still post Monday night about the findings and with Keagan's heartrate for those of you who check on Tuesday mornings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment